Met one of my heroes today! What a guy

Rosco

Makes Flipper the dolphin look like an amateur
Cars owned: A few Italian, German and English
So yesterday at 7.45 I got a Mr Kay enquiring about the 4.0 we have for sale for a customer. He asks loads of questions about it and we agree on a deal. He then introduces himself and tells me he is Jay Kay from Jamiroquai.
I was gobsmacked, totally blown away. Love his music and what a gent, so easy to deal with. He wanted to have the car delivered as soon as possible and as I was collecting a car from London today, I told him I could do that as well. Only thing I didn't realise was that his gaff is 130 miles away from where the car is, so I had a long journey ahead, but of course in a very nice 4.0.

Anyway, I turn up at his place and there he is, cool, calm, had a quick look around it, got me to rev it so his friends could hear it, then park it up. Part of the deal of course was that I could get a photo taken of me and him shaking hands with the car behind and he casually just sits on the bonnet. I stood in front and he said sit down, don't worry, just get on it LOL.

An absolute top bloke. Showed us a few of his cars, made sure my son was not bored and sat him in his Enzo and got me to take a photo of them both.

I am still smiling from this. Very memorable! Hell of a day.

JK.jpg

JK 2.jpg

I bet you haven't even done 130 miles in your own 4.0 RS

At least you got to find out how the RS actually drives today eh :)

So, what other cars has he got tucked away these days ?

I've only twice done that many miles in one day in my 4.0.

I was careful with it, but still had a play where it was sensible! Didn't want anything going wrong now did I.

He asked me not to discuss what he had and so I won't :)

Great pics Rosco :thumbsup:

Top job Steve

Nice gig. I heard he wasn't a nice guy, but good to hear the opposite.

Nice gig. I heard he wasn't a nice guy, but good to hear the opposite.

Me too, but I've heard similar things about Shmee150. Jealousy breeds hatred.

Me too, but I've heard similar things about Shmee150. Jealousy breeds hatred.

He was really nice when I spotted his unique Ferrari 330 Vignale Estate. I didn't know who he was at the time but he let me and my brother sit in it at the petrol station. Only realised who he was when I got home!

He has just over 100 cars at present. Showed me a few of them when I was there. Even let my son sit in his Enzo

That's very true!

100?!? Were they really that popular (a bit before my time...) or has he just invested well?

He's a sole writer/artist, with employed backing musicians, so I'd bet he doesn't share his money like all the big bands do........

He lives next door to a good friend of mine.

What a bloke I'm sure most of his bad rep is press related anyway.

He's a sole writer/artist, with employed backing musicians, so I'd bet he doesn't share his money like all the big bands do........

I don't think Toby Smith would be happy with that first bit.

He left and the 'hits' stopped.

Everything after that was a re-hash of the themes and licks of the past.

Still, he does now just employ musos' and pockets the money but it does show doesn't it, nothing cool or innovative for... 10-15 years?

Smart.

Edit: Got the wrong name first, memory fail.

Last edited:
Back