New lp700

Wretched gearbox hasn't been fixed . Pointless excerise in extracting urine from your customers . This car is the pervert choice designed to lure schmee type people to get bummed my fat Arabs

Last edited:

Wretched gearbox hasn't been fixed . Pointless excerise in extracting urine from your customers . This car is the pervert choice designed to lure schmee type people to get bummed my fat Arabs

But they never set out to fix the box, the car was designed to offer a more emotive change from the start ie, have single plate clutch, to change the box to a duel clutch one they would have to design a complete new tub.

Other V12s run single plate clutch's, 599GTO, Aston GT12 etc.

Last edited:
But they never set out to fix the box, the car was designed to offer a more emotive change from the start ie, have single plate clutch, to change the box to a duel clutch one they would have to design a complete new tub.

Other V12s run single plate clutch's, 599GTO, Aston GT12 etc.
I buy none of that d

Translation =
They are keeping the twin clutch for the next car
Emotive is a word for shit
We can compare this to cars over a decade old

I buy none of that d

Translation =
They are keeping the twin clutch for the next car
Emotive is a word for shit
We can compare this to cars over a decade old

But how can you knock the car for not having twin clutch,( ie smooth change) when it was not designed to have one in the first place.
Buy it or not its all fact. At the first LP700 Launch the CEO went into great detail how the Tub was not designed to take a DC box, and that if the LP700 did have one it would be less emotive and add 70kgs. My own LP700 had 3 Clutch's and 2 boxes and I spent 3 days at the factory going through all this in detail.

I do agree that the box, well the change is not good and they would sell a lot more cars if it was a bit more traffic friendly, ie a PDK type DC box.....Mine broke down almost every time I drove it all box change related problem's....

Last edited:
Slightly annoying is the fact that Lamborghini did say they'd only make something like 5k Aventadors as the buck ( mould) would be buggered around that point, making this a limited run. That statement seems to have been forgotten. Once the moulds are buggered I guess then they'll look at putting a proper gearbox in it.

As far as image is concerned, do you seriously think most people on the street will think that differently of a bright orange Mclaren which idles very loudly...? Knightsbridge isn't exactly unknown territory for Mclaren either.

As apolo says, the whole point of the lambo, especially the v12s is to be a bit outrageous, and probably more than just a bit. Being very po faced about the weight and lap times isn't the point of the car.

Unlike most Lambo drivers, I don't care what most people on the street think.

ad_201242708.jpg

PS I'd rather be po-faced than an attention seeking 34 year old virgin sociopath.

Unlike most Lambo drivers, I don't care what most people on the street think.

View attachment 18715

PS I'd rather be po-faced than an attention seeking 34 year old virgin sociopath.

11008313_784797198332397_880956226_n.jpg

Golden-wrapped-Porsche-918-1.jpg

So given the above I guess 'most' Mclaren and Porsche drivers do care...if you can say given your pic 'most' lambo drivers do too.....

But how can you knock the car for not having twin clutch,( ie smooth change) when it was not designed to have one in the first place.
Buy it or not its all fact. At the first LP700 Launch the CEO went into great detail how the Tub was not designed to take a DC box, and that if the LP700 did have one it would be less emotive and add 70kgs. My own LP700 had 3 Clutch's and 2 boxes and I spent 3 days at the factory going through all this in detail.

I do agree that the box, well the change is not good and they would sell a lot more cars if it was a bit more traffic friendly, ie a PDK type DC box.....Mine broke down almost every time I drove it all box change related problem's....
Because it should have had one , they cut corners and fobbed us off with shit about an emotional change .

CEO is full of shit d , car was well into dsg era when released , inexcusable , piss take imv, respectfully. Your observations prove my point perfectly

i'm another fan of lamborghini's e-gear

sure, it takes a bit of familiarisation and practice, but on balance i prefer it over any twin-clutch system that i've driven

funny how we never hear criticism of ferrari's f1, which uses much of the same hardware !

sure, it takes a bit of familiarisation and practice, but on balance i prefer it over any twin-clutch system that i've driven

funny how we never hear criticism of ferrari's f1, which uses much of the same hardware !

Exactly, more emotive that's the very reason as to why Aston Choose it on the.... 2016 GT12.....

I think I need to own a lambo once in my life. But frankly think the baby lambo would be more fun :0

:(y): Huracan is where it is at, but I'm biased!

Because it should have had one , they cut corners and fobbed us off with shit about an emotional change .

CEO is full of shit d , car was well into dsg era when released , inexcusable , piss take imv, respectfully. Your observations prove my point perfectly

With respect...
Feel quite sure if VAG as group wanted to they could have designed a Tub to work with a DC box back in 2009/10. As you say it was well into DSG area, But fact is they felt that the single plate clutch to be more in keeping with the V12 Lambo Thing.

The gto gear box was much better than the vents I drove, still nasty though. Don't see how a tub would stop them putting a proper box in

I don't buy the emotive bullshit, kagerooing of down the rd or lurching into a parking space is embarrassing not emotive when you've just shelled out a 1/4 of a mill on a toy!

The Ferrari f1 box is a generation old
Exactly, more emotive that's the very reason as to why Aston Choose it on the.... 2016 GT12.....
That aston is over a decade old . It keeps getting tarted up ( thats why im buying one)
With respect...
Feel quite sure if VAG as group wanted to they could have designed a Tub to work with a DC box back in 2009/10. As you say it was well into DSG area, But fact is they felt that the single plate clutch to be more in keeping with the V12 Lambo Thing.

No they simply didn't have the funding . Lamborghini had spent too much on the rest of the car , vag dont give an open check book .

Even Wnklemann has gone on the record to say "You have no opportunity to be faster than a double clutch" . I bet you all the silk in China that the next car will have a dsg , note there will be a lack of all this "emotion" bollocks .

Latest aventador clutch is fine, perfectly useable in traffic and when cold now, original was monumentally rubbish at times. However it's still crap compared to dual clutch, don't buy the emotion thing it was always a money thing, it's special to drive but the best thing they could have done for it is dct and a dfi engine and a big active aero wing.

Unsure on the facelift, as it's got the front of a fish, sv x 50th and the rear of an r8, but I've not seen it in person. It definitely looks more modern now and they have smoothed some bits like the sides with no trim on the intakes and then added fussy bits like skirts. Seems mainly a cosmetic update rather than any real substance to it but it will most likely improve in all areas a small amount.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed, looks like the time honoured Lambo tradition of doing very little on a low bujet and calling it a new model.

Latest aventador clutch is fine, perfectly useable in traffic and when cold now, original was monumentally rubbish at times. However it's still crap compared to dual clutch, don't buy the emotion thing it was always a money thing, it's special to drive but the best thing they could have done for it is dct and a dfi engine and a big active aero wing.

Unsure on the facelift, as it's got the front of a fish, sv x 50th and the rear of an r8, but I've not seen it in person. It definitely looks more modern now and they have smoothed some bits like the sides with no trim on the intakes and then added fussy bits like skirts. Seems mainly a cosmetic update rather than any real substance to it but it will most likely improve in all areas a small amount.

Tbh I'm a bit disappointed, looks like the time honoured Lambo tradition of doing very little on a low bujet and calling it a new model.

Completely agree with all of the above

The Ferrari f1 box is a generation old

That aston is over a decade old . It keeps getting tarted up ( thats why im buying one)

No they simply didn't have the funding . Lamborghini had spent too much on the rest of the car , vag dont give an open check book .

Even Wnklemann has gone on the record to say "You have no opportunity to be faster than a double clutch" . I bet you all the silk in China that the next car will have a dsg , note there will be a lack of all this "emotion" bollocks .

But he did not say at launch we don't have enough $$$$$ to put a DSG in it, he said we have gone with a single plate clutch to give emotion on the change. VAG at the time had enough DSGs in group to find somert in the bin, and design the Tub from the off to Fit, he also said a DC would have added 70kgs to the weight. Now if you don't agree with the emotion thing that's another point, but its what he said at the time.

But he did not say at launch we don't have enough $$$$$ to put a DSG in it, he said we have gone with a single plate clutch to give emotion on the change. VAG at the time had enough DSGs in group to find somert in the bin, and design the Tub from the off to Fit, he also said a DC would have added 70kgs to the weight. Now if you don't agree with the emotion thing that's another point, but its what he said at the time.

Like he was going to say "we spent most the German money on espresso , good wine and hookers . So , we found this gearbox a generation old and told everyone it was for the emotion " 😂

we found this gearbox a generation old and told everyone it was for the emotion " 😂

Single Clutch box at time was fresh stand alone design....For the LP700...It had brand new Tub, engine, CF body, also. If they had wanted to go DC they had enough in group to do so and design tub to use one. They could have even had an off the shelf one like Macca did for the 12C,( they are made 3 mile down the road) but they went with SC for a reason. The reason given at time was for more emotion on the change.. Aston gave same reason on GT12, they also have DC boxes that they have been using for a while.

Smile, icon....

Last edited:
Back