New lp700

You're not the only one Sam.

Too big, too heavy, blunt dynamics and terrible image (think Aventador = image of twats doing 110mph around Knightsbridge in their neon wrapped cock extensions).

This is limited to the wankers in London. Personally I have enjoyed owning my aventador more than any other supercar. I must admit part of this reason is the positive response from the general public and how the kids react when it drives by. I rarely drive it fast, it's a great cruise machine and never even noticed any issues with the gearbox, mine is a my15 so maybe software improvements have helped?

It makes the best noise, looks outrageous and defines what a supercar should be. I'm a fan despite being a racer.

Just to be clear on this point, from press release at the time...

All new seven-speed gearbox
This new Murceilago replacement gets a completely new seven-speed gearbox which Lamborghini refer to as being an ‘ISR’ transmission, standing for ‘Independent Shifting Rods’, here’s how it works.

On a conventional gearbox, second gear sits next to third gear on a shaft running through the gearbox, and as you move the gearstick from second to third, a selector fork moves a sleeve from one gear to the other, allowing the next gear to come into play.

On this new gearbox, though, the gears are engaged independently. So in the same example of changing from second to third, the third gear selector can be partway through the process of bringing the gear into play as the second gear selector is taking second gear out of drive. This means the speed of change can be shortened dramatically, Lamborghini is saying changing gear via a paddle on this new gearbox will take just 50milliseconds, some 40 per cent faster than on the very latest e-gear equipped Lamborghini Gallardo.

Another requirement was for this gearbox to carry all the hydraulic valves and piping internally within its casing, so reducing the overall size of the gearbox dramatically.
Fitting a dual-clutch transmission to this new car was dismissed very early on - this type of gearbox would weigh a lot more than the new single clutch gearbox does, as well as being physically bigger too, so packaging would have been much trickier.

Winkelmann doesn’t like the feel a modern DSG gives either, preferring the more aggressive action of the new gearbox, saying it gives the driver a more emotional link with the mechanicals of the car than a dual-clutch transmission gearbox ever could.

Unfortunately, no one cares what you think Dave
'Keep a knocking, but you can't come in' :D:

Unfortunately, no one cares what you think Dave
'Keep a knocking, but you can't come in' :D:

Should you not have a set of over size wellies on, and be chasing sheep...............:(rofl):

So a Huracan buyer doesn't want or deserve an 'emotional link' to their car then?

The gto gear box was much better than the vents I drove, still nasty though. Don't see how a tub would stop them putting a proper box in

GTO box was hardly "nasty"! Engine and box are the defining things of that car imo

Single Clutch box at time was fresh stand alone design....For the LP700...It had brand new Tub, engine, CF body, also. If they had wanted to go DC they had enough in group to do so and design tub to use one. They could have even had an off the shelf one like Macca did for the 12C,( they are made 3 mile down the road) but they went with SC for a reason. The reason given at time was for more emotion on the change.. Aston gave same reason on GT12, they also have DC boxes that they have been using for a while.

Smile, icon....

Negative .
Aston were almost broke and the v12 naturally aspirated engine is NOT double clutch compatible . As well as the basic car being 10 years old .

The reason given Is irrelevant , the fact of the matter is neither had the funds to use a dct .

The evidence of this is that both new cars will have dct transmissions

Negative .
Aston were almost broke and the v12 naturally aspirated engine is NOT double clutch compatible . As well as the basic car being 10 years old .

The reason given Is irrelevant , the fact of the matter is neither had the funds to use a dct .

The evidence of this is that both new cars will have dct transmissions

Agree on Aston, £££ but that's what I was told when specing GT12.

Thought some NA V12s, run a DC box also

On lambo, like press release above, reasons for using the box they did see below. Never heard seen any mention of lack of funding ever, they had all they wanted, New CF Tub, CF body, new Engine. and New box......The only point that was mentioned about funding was the development of the ceramic coated discs that came in late 13, but as the group as whole would benefit, this was spread across the group......
"
Winkelmann doesn’t like the feel a modern DSG gives either, preferring the more aggressive action of the new gearbox, saying it gives the driver a more emotional link with the mechanicals of the car than a dual-clutch transmission gearbox ever could"

No idea about the new car, after the 10 year run. But out of interest I will enquire. I know a VAG supervisory board member quite well.

Last edited:
Agree on Aston, £££ but that's what I was told when specing GT12.

On lambo, like press release above, reasons for using the box they did see below. Never heard seen any mention of lack of funding ever, they had all they wanted, New CF Tub, CF body, new Engine. and New box......The only point that was mentioned about funding was the development of the ceramic coated discs that came in late 13, but as the group as whole would benefit, this was spread across the group......
"
Winkelmann doesn’t like the feel a modern DSG gives either, preferring the more aggressive action of the new gearbox, saying it gives the driver a more emotional link with the mechanicals of the car than a dual-clutch transmission gearbox ever could"

No idea about the new car, after the 10 year run. But out of interest I will enquire. I know a VAG supervisory board member quite well.

David please understand , you can cut and paste from the bible , the Torah , koran and the necronomicon ex Mortis and you will not change my mind .

I learnt a long time ago , if it walks, swims , quacks , looks like a duck ; ITS A FUCKING DUCK 😂😂😂😂😂

As for winkleman your quote is older than mine , hence the hurracan and the next avantador replacement both having DSG gearboxes . With that simple point your argument is null and void

Last edited:
David please understand , you can cut and paste from the bible , the Torah , koran and the necronomicon ex Mortis and you will not change my mind .

I learnt a long time ago , if it walks, swims , quacks , looks like a duck ; ITS A FUCKING DUCK 😂😂😂😂😂

As for winkleman your quote is older than mine , hence the hurracan and the next avantador replacement both having DSG gearboxes . With that simple point your argument is null and void

Never mind this, I agree the box is shit in traffic, well mine was....

More important, hope you are safe and OK, have a nice xmas , and hope to see you on some track days next year.....

I was told 2 years ago that non of the run out cars would be a DCT due to it not fitting the configuration and the tub being the major factor.

The replacement will be DCT

They have still sold all the cars they wanted to sell shit gearbox or not

This is limited to the wankers in London. Personally I have enjoyed owning my aventador more than any other supercar. I must admit part of this reason is the positive response from the general public and how the kids react when it drives by. I rarely drive it fast, it's a great cruise machine and never even noticed any issues with the gearbox, mine is a my15 so maybe software improvements have helped?

It makes the best noise, looks outrageous and defines what a supercar should be. I'm a fan despite being a racer.

OK Mark - you make a good case for the defence...and I trust your judgement. Might have to have another go in one. Haven't driven one for a couple of years.

I was told 2 years ago that non of the run out cars would be a DCT due to it not fitting the configuration and the tub being the major factor.

The replacement will be DCT

They have still sold all the cars they wanted to sell shit gearbox or not

The new car with the new designed tub to take a DSG is still some way away like 2020 before bum in seats.......

So much shit being spouted on this thread that for the first time ever in internet history I cannot be arsed even responding

Back