New Member Checking In: ScottL

I like the above very much, looks like BMW have put some huge brakes on this model too.

Brakes are very good Steve. High temp fluid and better pads should improve them even further.

View attachment 12371

It was this pic that made me choose this colour.

Feel this car has a whole lot of potential - remap / exhaust and suspension and it will a rocket ship - which for me wanting a fast road car that can do family duties and the odd track day / road trip is pretty much spot on. I want to next year get an E46 and make a proper track car

Remap? Now there's an idea eh Scott ;)

Remap? Now there's an idea eh Scott ;)

I keep looking for a solution here but I'm not impressed with the idea of a 'piggyback unit' and haven't seen a credible company offering a remap yet.

More to the point, it's not especially lacking in power. As you saw at Silverstone, the biggest issue is the suspension...and the weight (and the shit driver behind the wheel obviously).

It's a station car for me and so I'm not very motivated to mod it. I'm thinking I'll swap it for a new CSL next year if that arrives and lives up to the early hype. I just really love the front engine/rear drive M car balance and dynamics. Great everyday car. Plus I can park it anywhere without worrying about it getting keyed/gobbed on/footprints on the roof...also it's not to flashy when I visit clients etc...

My LT arrives soon so hopefully that will be quick enough to keep up with your RS this summer!!

I keep looking for a solution here but I'm not impressed with the idea of a 'piggyback unit' and haven't seen a credible company offering a remap yet.

More to the point, it's not especially lacking in power. As you saw at Silverstone, the biggest issue is the suspension...and the weight (and the shit driver behind the wheel obviously).

It's a station car for me and so I'm not very motivated to mod it. I'm thinking I'll swap it for a new CSL next year if that arrives and lives up to the early hype. I just really love the front engine/rear drive M car balance and dynamics. Great everyday car. Plus I can park it anywhere without worrying about it getting keyed/gobbed on/footprints on the roof...also it's not to flashy when I visit clients etc...

My LT arrives soon so hopefully that will be quick enough to keep up with your RS this summer!!

Litchfield will remap mine

Litchfield will remap mine

I was down at Litchfields yesterday and mentioned this thread regarding M4 tuning, Iain is well up on M4 tuning now and has been doing a lot of work with this particular model in both suspension and engine tuning with Rob Huff doing a lot of the suspension development. I would imagine the results would be fairly spectacular!

Last edited:
I was down at Litchfields yesterday and mentioned this thread regarding M4 tuning, Iain is well up on M4 tuning now and has been doing a lot of work with this particular model in both suspension and engine tuning with Rob Huff doing a lot of the suspension development. I would imagine the results would be fairly spectacular!

Do you think Iain would like to join us on S9's ?

Welcome Scott.

Thanks chaps - very kind of you! :(y):

looking forward to seeing his bigger turbos soon

helloo Scotty long time no hear how's the new(ish) venture going....booming I've no doubt.....

Hey Scott, long time no see. Good to see your name pop up matey 👍

Back