Perfect Xmas present idea!

Recieved my XJ220 Proof yesterday. A few tweaks made and I'm looking forward to getting the final artwork now too.

Will then get a load more done.

He's as anal as you Nick, it will be right!

Hi guys, thought I'd pop back in and say hi.

Popped round to Steve's a few weeks ago to photograph some of his incredible stable... turns out he's got the perfect platform on site for doing our aerial shots, which was rather handy!

13710000_637046649795268_8472544632465126251_n.jpg

Since then I have been working on two new additions to the GT3 RS family in our Porsche catalogue!

13738244_640679959431937_5456742436704356300_o.jpg

Also finally got round to completing an Atom as well, this was always going to be toughest project anyone could order but I think I did a reasonable job on it!

13412211_620594291440504_3013633293893703382_o.jpg

We are now licensed to a couple of manufacturers! Currently got Lotus and Ford, had an offer from VW (but can't quite stomach their license terms yet) and got a little something lined up with McLaren too! Hopefully they'll start appearing in the dealerships early next year. :)

As part of the agreements we've entered into we did have to make some changes... we've had to separate the licensed products from the unlicensed, we renamed took the old Black Art Graphics store and switched it over to www.engineeredart.co.uk and created a new store at www.blackartgraphics.com featuring our licensed ranges (which admittedly look a little weak at the moment, it's a long and slow setup process going through the manufacturers!)

New sizes are now available too, we've got larger A2 pieces and even a huge A1 size plaque available! (Some projects are now only available on A2 and upwards.) :(y):

Anyway, hope you're all keeping well and er... bear us in mind in the coming months! :eek:: :(call):

Can't wait for the finished articles Dan.
Good luck with it all.

Looks great, a Nomad one would be superb, but take some work I guess.

It wouldn't be much more difficult than the Atom (which is pretty difficult to be fair, but it's done and to a good level!)

The biggest problem is making it viable for us to do. The Atom took a week solid to draw, not including the mainland trip to shoot all the reference photographs!

Unfortunately due to the time input I cannot offer this kind of thing based on a single order, it would need to be a group buy with a minimum of 10.

Bump to the top for this thread. I've just been in contact with Dan and now waiting to see what he can do for me. Product looks good and lots of positive feedback on a group buy discount he offered on the MLR forum.

Excellent, glad to hear it. He has put so much money, time and effort in to this business, it would be great to see it working for him

Bump to the top for this thread. I've just been in contact with Dan and now waiting to see what he can do for me. Product looks good and lots of positive feedback on a group buy discount he offered on the MLR forum.

Hi Barry, thanks for getting in touch. MLR Group buy went really well actually, best one we've done! Got people interested in another one now so will be signing up as a trader again soon. :(y):

Excellent, glad to hear it. He has put so much money, time and effort in to this business, it would be great to see it working for him

Even more just gone in... new machine being delivered on Thursday! :D

I should get your GT3 RS pieces done, finished the 991 but never did get round to doing any more of the 996 after the side view.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks impressive ! Dan - would be good to have a chat as I'm debating whether to order some for previous/current cars. Assume you're pretty busy ahead of Xmas so let me know when is good to chat (maybe drop me a pm with your number ?).

Awesome need to get some done to :tumbsup:

Looks impressive ! Dan - would be good to have a chat as I'm debating whether to order some for previous/current cars. Assume you're pretty busy ahead of Xmas so let me know when is good to chat (maybe drop me a pm with your number ?).

Sorry for the delayed response! Have dropped you a PM with our studio number. :)

Awesome need to get some done to :tumbsup:

Porsche Cayman GT4 - 1.jpg

BMW M3 E46 - 1.jpg

We've got the E36 too but it's not got the full interior detailing yet!

I've had some stateside interest in the 991 GT3 this week, while we do have on file it's a rather old drawing now and doesn't really stand up against our 991 GT3 RS, so it would be nice to redo this one to our latest standards. In order to do this we need access to an example to shoot a very specific set of photographs.

13710000_637046649795268_8472544632465126251_n.jpg

Does anyone here have a 991 GT3 in the Hampshire area (IOW would be ideal!) that we might be able to use as a reference model? It should take no more than an hour in total and I would be offer one of our A4 desk plaques in return for your time, or the equivalent discount on one of the larger plaques!

I am in central London and more than happy for you to use my car for photos. Could we meet somewhere half way? Or come to my storage unit in Watford?

Surely, Rosco could set you up with OPC Portsmouth?

Also - I know I need to get my act together to get my order in...

I've had some stateside interest in the 991 GT3 this week, while we do have on file it's a rather old drawing now and doesn't really stand up against our 991 GT3 RS, so it would be nice to redo this one to our latest standards. In order to do this we need access to an example to shoot a very specific set of photographs.

View attachment 18975

Does anyone here have a 991 GT3 in the Hampshire area (IOW would be ideal!) that we might be able to use as a reference model? It should take no more than an hour in total and I would be offer one of our A4 desk plaques in return for your time, or the equivalent discount on one of the larger plaques!

Might be worth asking Chris at OPC Bournemouth (Rosco's a mate of his), as he must know of the closest to the IOW ferry then just ask the owner.

Cheeky question, when is my 675LT plaque going to be done for ?

I am in central London and more than happy for you to use my car for photos. Could we meet somewhere half way? Or come to my storage unit in Watford?

Surely, Rosco could set you up with OPC Portsmouth?

Also - I know I need to get my act together to get my order in...

Might be worth asking Chris at OPC Bournemouth (Rosco's a mate of his), as he must know of the closest to the IOW ferry then just ask the owner.

Already given Dan Jon and Chris's email addresses from OPC Portsmouth. Dave Drabbles car is there, so that could be an easy one, if he/they don't mind

Already given Dan Jon and Chris's email addresses from OPC Portsmouth. Dave Drabbles car is there, so that could be an easy one, if he/they don't mind

Im sure Dave will be fine, he's a good chap.

Anyone heard from him recently, he's been quiet for some time now.

He's been on holiday over Xmas I know that, but is certainly back at work.

Rosco has indeed provided some contact details (thanks Steve), if that particular group buy materialises I'll get in touch with them!

Not cheeky at all! I actually have the 675LT Spider completed, but to my dismay it seems the differences between the Coupe and the Spider are rather more extensive that I had first (naively) assumed and I am having trouble sorting the suitable reference images to finish the coupe.

McLaren 675LT Plan Merge.jpg

If I can't sort anything out soon I may have to stop by at your place at some point and shoot the extras I'll need. I recall we had a bit of a problem in that there was nowhere nearby to do the plan shots though? I still haven't managed to sort a solution to this sadly, I bought a drone but it didn't work as intended! I do have an alternative solution in mind (essentially a 40ft selfie stick) but the full kit is prohibitively expensive at the moment.

Back