Perfect Xmas present idea!

Rosco has indeed provided some contact details (thanks Steve), if that particular group buy materialises I'll get in touch with them!

Not cheeky at all! I actually have the 675LT Spider completed, but to my dismay it seems the differences between the Coupe and the Spider are rather more extensive that I had first (naively) assumed and I am having trouble sorting the suitable reference images to finish the coupe.

View attachment 19028

If I can't sort anything out soon I may have to stop by at your place at some point and shoot the extras I'll need. I recall we had a bit of a problem in that there was nowhere nearby to do the plan shots though? I still haven't managed to sort a solution to this sadly, I bought a drone but it didn't work as intended! I do have an alternative solution in mind (essentially a 40ft selfie stick) but the full kit is prohibitively expensive at the moment.

You'll be welcome to take pics of my car Dan. I cannot think of an easy solution to getting high above it, especially looking at the pic of what you did for Steve's RS. Mind you, I do have a scaffold tower that could assist...... What height do you need to get up to ?

If this worked we could do the Phantom, CLK Black and RRS SVR at the same time if you're up for it ?

Been working on some different layouts this month. Back when I started, I included the technical specifications because the line drawings themselves were somewhat crummy. They were done using bad references, often tended to be out of proportion and low on detail.

Nowadays, the artwork has improved significantly in both detail and accuracy, to the point that the projection views don't really need a plethora of technical specification around them to make them stand out.

Any comments welcome!

Ferrari F12 TDF - DSP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say that I prefer them with the technical data rather than naked.

That does seem to be the case across the board actually! Still, no harm in offering different options once the artwork is done! :)

Did you get my email about your other cars?

That does seem to be the case across the board actually! Still, no harm in offering different options once the artwork is done! :)

Did you get my email about your other cars?

Er no, not seen it.

Spent the afternoon down at the Portsmouth OPC shooting this stunning 911 R.

Perfect 2 1080.jpg

Had a bit of time to kill when I arrived so spent a little while getting acquainted with the interior of a lovely GTS... one day!

Unfortunately, I was only able to complete 50% of my goal as the last of their GT3's went out a few days ago. I now need to find one elsewhere...

I am in central London and more than happy for you to use my car for photos. Could we meet somewhere half way? Or come to my storage unit in Watford?

Surely, Rosco could set you up with OPC Portsmouth?

Also - I know I need to get my act together to get my order in...

Can I take you up on this offer? I will be up in London next Monday if that's convenient?

Dan

You're missing the Renault Megane, Megane R26.R, Cayman 987 and 987R I'd love one of your plaques but neither of my cars are on your list. I have a couple of ideas for you. Whats the best email address for you?

Hi Kev

We've got a 987 Cayman on file, not done an R yet but would be easy enough to do.

Don't have any Renaults on file, could do the R26.R if there's enough interest in it.

Will PM you my email address. :)

Today I was working on a project for McLaren which involved doing a 'quick' sketch of the side view of the new 720S.

Decided to record the process to how how much detail actually goes into even a relatively simple design. Without brakes, interior, detailed meshing or additional shaping around radiused corners like we do on the high detail designs, this still took 90 minutes from start to finish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkCOO1K7rOM&feature=youtu.be

It's not a quick job is it! :^):

Nothing about it is. TBH we charge a fraction of the price we should for the amount of time it takes us.

Even a design that we have on file and has minimimal customisation takes 2 hours to process when you count setting up cut files, engraving both sides of the plaque, packaging etc.

Audi R8 V10 Plus completed...

ezgif.com-video-to-gif%203_zpszhe8lnoo.gif

That's very clever, keep up the great work.

Quick close up showing the options list added to our 911 R. This one is actually being presented to Andreas Prueninger at Goodwood FOS! :8):

18922801_809771005856164_422381325998305758_o.jpg

We now have our full vehicle catalogue available to browse! (This is hidden from the main website navigation to satisfy our licensing contracts with Ford and Lotus.)

www.blackartgraphics.com/pages/collections

Due to a stocking issue we are temporarily out of stock on A3 and A2 plaques, as such we are offering £30 off all A2 and A3 plaques with delivery in early July.

Want to snap one up? Use discount code JULYDEL at checkout! :)

Visited the Lotus factory on Friday to photograph the 3 Eleven and Exige 380 Sport ready to create some handover gifts for the Japanese dealership network. It's the second time I've been out on location with my latest bit of kit, a telescopic carbon fibre mast that will hoist my DSLR 30ft in the air (ideal for doing plan view shots).

I don't typically 'do' selfies, but with this setup it would be rude not too... :D
Lotus Exige 380 Selfie LR.jpg

Back