Please give a warm welcome to LeoGimelli

Shit what did you do to your back? Last time I saw you you looked fine?

FF Rangie is no bad way to smoke about. However, not sure I'd have let you in if I'd known you've bought that Fiat :)

Enjoy.

The back hadn't been right for quite a while Nick,lot of Rugby in my teens to early twenties then dirt bikes,quads,mountain bikes etc did a lot of hard manual graft when we first bought the house as I had the time and I could keep an eye on all the contractors etc when we were doing all the work,it did however finish off what was left of my discs on L4/5 of my lumbar spine.

The local GP,s kept dishing out evermore Codiene and anti inflammatories until I felt like an extra from the walking dead !

I then heard about a newly opened private GP locally so I signed up explianed everything and the first question was have you got private health and have you had a scan.I have had private health since I was 18 and hadn't had a scan or shit from the wanky local GP,s.

He packed me off to see a neurologist at the London Bridge Hospital which is key and not a spinal surgeon who in comparison re butchers.
The scans were done then I sat down with him and looked at the results zero discs just bone on bone ,he explained replacement disc surgery and showed me the titanium plates and jelly disc interwoven with a weave of 3D printed material to ape our own discs.The following Wednesday after 8hrs of keyhole through my abdomen all was done and the next day I was walking!

Fantastic Op has taken a while to get back to normal more through the post op trauma but the difference is incredible when you have constant pain you forget what it's like when it's gone ,so many friends have said I can't see it etched on your face anymore.So all in all so worth while and a new lease of life.

The back hadn't been right for quite a while Nick,lot of Rugby in my teens to early twenties then dirt bikes,quads,mountain bikes etc did a lot of hard manual graft when we first bought the house as I had the time and I could keep an eye on all the contractors etc when we were doing all the work,it did however finish off what was left of my discs on L4/5 of my lumbar spine.

The local GP,s kept dishing out evermore Codiene and anti inflammatories until I felt like an extra from the walking dead !

I then heard about a newly opened private GP locally so I signed up explianed everything and the first question was have you got private health and have you had a scan.I have had private health since I was 18 and hadn't had a scan or shit from the wanky local GP,s.

He packed me off to see a neurologist at the London Bridge Hospital which is key and not a spinal surgeon who in comparison re butchers.
The scans were done then I sat down with him and looked at the results zero discs just bone on bone ,he explained replacement disc surgery and showed me the titanium plates and jelly disc interwoven with a weave of 3D printed material to ape our own discs.The following Wednesday after 8hrs of keyhole through my abdomen all was done and the next day I was walking!

Fantastic Op has taken a while to get back to normal more through the post op trauma but the difference is incredible when you have constant pain you forget what it's like when it's gone ,so many friends have said I can't see it etched on your face anymore.So all in all so worth while and a new lease of life.

My Bros in law has had the same shit with his discs now sort of getting back to normal after the ops although he is worse than you as he spin is literally crumbling and will be lucky to be able to walk in 10 years time so is enjoying life while he can!

He is pinned together pretty well now and is always smiling.

Poor sod has had to get rid of his sports car as he can't get into it anymore.

Anyway onwards and upwards. 👍👍

Wow, that's quite an experience Craig. I cannot imagine the difference this must have made to your life if you've been carrying that burden for so long.
I'm glad everything has worked out well and I look forward to hearing of your next mountain bike trip now too :)

Hi Craig

Welcome :D

One love! good to see you on here Craig

Unc. I don't do forums much these days, but it is nice to see a familiar face here.

Morning Craig. Nice to see you here mate.

When do you pick the pocket-rocket up ?

Wow, that's quite an experience Craig. I cannot imagine the difference this must have made to your life if you've been carrying that burden for so long.
I'm glad everything has worked out well and I look forward to hearing of your next mountain bike trip now too :)
Thanks Nick and yes 100% makes you appreciate what you have and your health really is your wealth mate,my motto now is can a machine do it if so buy it rather than killing myself!

S1ARM I for your Bro In Law mate I was very very fortunate to find this private GP utilise my private medical cover and get what is a pretty leading edge Op done,sadly my Dad who is a similar build to me and played high level Rugby Union for Blackheath for 18 seasons is in the advanced stages of what I had and can walk 25-30yrds and only with this special bugged thing we bought him.

It sounds like he has had fusion where they often operate from the back,my fella did keyhole through the gut as he is a neurologist it's all about the brain and the nerves etc. very very clever the science available these days if you have the correct help and support from doctors of course...
Hi Craig

Welcome :D
Cheers Jez
One love! good to see you on here Craig
Back at you Rob
Hi Craig..
Cheers Bud

Morning Craig. Nice to see you here mate.

When do you pick the pocket-rocket up ?

Cheers Pauly,

Anthony at Romans is just sorting the cherished mate so fingers crossed end of the week the horns are already growing in anticipation for hooliganism !

Craig!

How you finding it over here mate?!

Nice folk on here eh..... enjoy mate and great to connect again..... 👍🏽

Great to see so many old faces mate and as you say good to reconnect Cheers

Can't wait to see pics of the new ride. Hopefully people won't defriend you Craig :)

Jokes aside, I bet it'll be a hoot. I found the seat alway too high in these cars but I do test that loot of course but pocket rockets are ace and I miss my JCW (Maxine's former ride).

Can't wait to see pics of the new ride. Hopefully people won't defriend you Craig :)

Jokes aside, I bet it'll be a hoot. I found the seat alway too high in these cars but I do test that loot of course but pocket rockets are ace and I miss my JCW (Maxine's former ride).

It's baby steps back into petrol mania mate,I started out on Club 89 tracks days in the early nineties in Mk1/2 16valves Golfs which were bog standard but so much fun so my philosophy is to have fun and try and avoid the silly speeds and what if factors of bigger beasts.

It may be a five minute wonder but I have always since my first car a 205gti 1.6 that I shared with my Mum had a huge soft spot for small fact cars.

Ref the seats correct as they are Sabelts I am in touch with them directly about a lowering bracket they have developed as this is a must and I will definitly get them fitted ASAP.

Romans should hopefull have the cherished sorted by the end of the week

Welcome Craig - let the banter begin :(y):

It's baby steps back into petrol mania mate,I started out on Club 89 tracks days in the early nineties in Mk1/2 16valves Golfs which were bog standard but so much fun so my philosophy is to have fun and try and avoid the silly speeds and what if factors of bigger beasts.

It may be a five minute wonder but I have always since my first car a 205gti 1.6 that I shared with my Mum had a huge soft spot for small fact cars.

Ref the seats correct as they are Sabelts I am in touch with them directly about a lowering bracket they have developed as this is a must and I will definitly get them fitted ASAP.

Romans should hopefull have the cherished sorted by the end of the week

Great, then get the pictures straight up ! We should do a pocket rockets meet as most if not all of us, have these things tucked away too.

Back