Site look and feel makeover

Blade

Knight of the round table
Cars owned: Hyundai i30n
Guys, after having sat on the makeover for a long while I've decided to stick it up for all. You may need to log in or out or just refresh to get the new style. It will only appear on desktops and tablets for the moment.

Can you put all feedback on here please.

Looks very nice, thank you for your hard work. Only thing I would say is the "what's new?" short cut at the top, maybe should be black?

I like the new logo Tony, and after much deliberation on changing / refreshing the forum vBulletin skin, leaving it as it is will do just fine IMO (would have just been change for changes sake). Thank you massively for all your help on this, dinner on us soon.

It would be good if we could differentiate the small number of Public areas a bit better (maybe a different colour), this request has been made by a couple of people of late.

I like the new logo Tony, and after much deliberation on changing / refreshing the forum vBulletin skin, leaving it as it is will do just fine IMO (would have just been change for changes sake). Thank you massively for all your help on this, dinner on us soon.

It would be good if we could differentiate the small number of Public areas a bit better (maybe a different colour), this request has been made by a couple of people of late.

Yep that and the mobile will follow in a while. They are based on this style so just want to get feedback first in case any bugs or issues before doing the others.

Pretty sure Henry was born in the 1950's as it goes.

Nick is an old twat too

I will be outliving them and then it will all be mine muhahahaha

It's good guys. But if you want the forum to be a better experience then you really should move over to Xenforo instead of vbulletin.

It's good guys. But if you want the forum to be a better experience then you really should move over to Xenforo instead of vbulletin.

Yeah I hear you on that, but it works just fine as it is and we aren't looking for ball ache here. The MLR is a massive forum and that runs on vBulletin just fine, so I reckon this is fit for purpose for now.

Definitely less clunky.

Seems to be the result of a spike free profile.

That's a big improvement, we wait to see if this lack of spikes attracts the opportunist cyber-bots we had a couple of years ago, spikes keep them away.

Interesting logo... almost Waffen SS in form.

Ya, verrry goot, mein herr! General Klinkerhoffen vill be avording meddles later for zee efforts, Heil Hitler!

Looks very nice, thank you for your hard work. Only thing I would say is the "what's new?" short cut at the top, maybe should be black?

The one you select is black. I will probably do away with these soon.

Thats a cost and a big job to migrate etc. what's so good about it over vb?

Btw, I have been beta testing this for weeks. I really wasn't sure about it as there is a niceness to the bland flatness of the old style and this is a bit loud given the roundness, the logo, the stronger colours.

After a while, I much preferred it but it wasn't love at first. Seems "happier"!

The logo is from the mind of Mr Phelps, I just did the style hacking on vb and fiddled until I made the site work with the logo. To be honest, hacking a style ends up more work than starting afresh but the brief was to not stray too far from the old. Hopefully that's what I've done.

i don't get paid for this so if you don't like it, fuck off :(rofl)::D::(rofl):

Thanks for doing it. Agree it looks retro. The what's new icons to left of threads should be a brighter colour to stand out more, kids of the 70s need all the help they can get

Thanks for doing it. Agree it looks retro. The what's new icons to left of threads should be a brighter colour to stand out more, kids of the 70s need all the help they can get

Yep, agreed

Thats a cost and a big job to migrate etc. what's so good about it over vb?

Has tagging and a compressive alert system. Iirc Xenforo was formed by guys who left vbulletin so they could develope a better product. I know it a big job, but it's a big improvement to and will improve user engagement. Happy to demo it to you at some point if you want. I'm sure clive will agree with everything I'm writing.

Like the style of the logo, not sure about the red with the blue though tbh.

Would black and blue not look better?

Anyway, good effort I would say :(y):

Thanks for all your graft on this Tony.

Re the overall feedback, I am biased to the logo of course but I do think it works. Having jumped on and off of the forum since the logo went live I've got used to it now and whether liked or not by others, it does achieve the change that we set out too when first we considered doing something and I could have put money on most not liking whatever we/I came up with anyway. There is a gen2 logo in development that you'll see soon. In response to [some of] the feedback, I hope it will be clearer to view and easier to read as an "S" and a "9" and an "apostrophe" followed by an "s". Hopefully to change once again will not be too much of a ball ache for you but this can be at you're leisure of course as we're chilled about stuff here.

Thanks once again.

Revised logo up save a pixel error I'll sort later.

Back