GT4 v 991RS, Silverstone

Yes I was going out without playing with my pressures but the car has done almost 6k miles and 2 trackdays, thought that was pretty good for a set tbh!

thought so, you really have to watch em.......bet the back end was moving around also......massive difference in grip with the lower PSis

Agree that 918 over a lap is the quickset production car, on any track.......

I took Glenn out for a couple of laps, he was absolutely gob smacked by its performance!

Haha a good chance a bit of both ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

I took Glenn out for a couple of laps, he was absolutely gob smacked by its performance!

so I heard, KC took him out in the RS later also....
next time you go out in the 918, just take 4lb out of the tyres all round at the start, set the on board gauge and try and keep em at 31 34, may take 3 dial downs then they will sit there, they will last a lot longer and you will have much much more grip.....

Don't dial to much out at the start or you will damage the tyre walls....

Last edited:
so I heard, KC took him out in the RS later also....
next time you go out in the 918, just take 4lb out of the tyres all round at the start, set the on board gauge and try and keep em at 31 34, may take 3 dial downs then they will sit there, they will last a lot longer and you will have much much more grip.....

Don't dial to much out at the start or you will damage the tyre walls....

Perfect, thanks will do. What tyre pressure gauge and pump do you use? I really need order one!

Perfect, thanks will do. What tyre pressure gauge and pump do you use? I really need order one!

only speaking from my experience on track with 918 Sam.......Just a high power one from Halfords same for Gauge....

Thanx again, I'm getting the valves opened at reading over Xmas as well btw

To put that time in perspective, and assuming my memory is not failing me, the quickest I managed in a 997 cup car around the national circuit was 57)

Quicker than Glenn :(y):

To put that time in perspective, and assuming my memory is not failing me, the quickest I managed in a 997 cup car around the national circuit was 57.7.

Quicker than Glenn :(y):

Is that serious ?

Not that I'm qrdtioning your pace Pete. After all I remember you takingbme through Pouhon at Spa. Properly committed in that 997RS

hell of a laptime in a road car on road legal rubber ! a better, warmer day would see even better I bet

only thing that spoils it for me is how much of that is down to the tech in the car and no longer the driver so much .............i'm getting old I know !!

Last edited:
Is that serious ?

Not that I'm qrdtioning your pace Pete. After all I remember you takingbme through Pouhon at Spa. Properly committed in that 997RS

Wait, what you saying about Pete taking you through Pouhon?

Red, brown and white ploppies!

Ploppies! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ good night FDOTY??? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

hell of a laptime in a road car on road legal rubber ! a better, warmer day would see even better I bet

only thing that spoils it for me is how much of that is down to the tech in the car and no longer the driver so much .............i'm getting old I know !!

once you have got used to and committed to the corner at speed, the car takes itself round C.......I agree

At first I thought so as well, but have started to enjoy the diff between old school analogue and modern more capable cars. To be efficient you still have to be accurate and do the right things at the right time. Yet delta between novice and experienced is defo less in modern cars.

What bets that Baf?
I'll give you a race if you fancy.

That prospect alone makes me want the Spring to come as soon as possible!:(rofl):

Back