Newbie... To some

911viking

Ex 911 Fanboy
Cars owned: DD2 and others
Hi Chaps,

I was let in by Moz up to summer but got distracted with family vacation and other summer items. So now it's about time to say hi and get started on S9.

From glancing through I can see quite a few familiar faces. But to the fresh ones; I have a little of a soft spot for 911's and owned most of them over the years. Used to race bikes in my younger (and lighter) days. Today I just fiddle round on road bikes and do a few car track days monthly (some will claim weekly). Also had a few Ferraris but never bonded with them... Would really really like an UGR Gallardo, but they are too small cars for Vikings :(

We live in South NL 1 1/4h from Zolder and Zandvoort, 1 3/4h from Spa, 2 1/2h from Nordsleife, 3h from Bilsterberg and 3 1/2h from Hockenheim. So we have a few playgrounds to choose from.

Winter time I am in our Alp hut at least 1/2 the season, patiently waiting for powder pouring over my winter playground.

Cheers, HH

Ha , newbie my arse . I toast you mighty Viking from far away lands .

Hi bud you stay in good shape down there, we need you back in one piece to play with.

You forgot to add, also drives like a girl - usually in straight lines :(rofl):

A very warm welcome to you "Viking"!!

You are certainly ideally situated to enjoy your toys. I drove on a a track Day at Zandvoort in '05 and loved it. I think we should plan one there and maybe Zolder too as I've never been there.

Can you keep us advised of potential opportunities that come up at these tracks ?

Welcome Viking, I know you well enough from the other place :).
Didn't realise you were so nicely planted over the water :thumbsup:

Welcome to S9's. Enjoy.

Cheers gents... Tanvir you will soon enough be reminded of that girl comment... David are you gonna jump in at next VMax so we can break that 240 cherry of yours :)

I am up for doing something on Zandvoort and maybe combine with Spa and/or Zolder. Both of them are awesome tracks, technically challenging and scenary is awesome. Great and rewarding tracks with lots of F1 history.

Zolder can be a problem with noise, standard Spaz will have to lift at the two noise meters, same goes on Zandvoort. GT3 can just make it on Zandvoort but have to avoid last 1k rpm going past the nice meter.

Stressful week coming up, 3x 1/2 days work and going to Spa Thur and Zandvoort Fri.

Welcome HH !

Good to see you on here. Definitely up for a Zandfort trip. Would be great to drive it. Welcome!

I am up for doing something on Zandvoort and maybe combine with Spa and/or Zolder. Both of them are awesome tracks, technically challenging and scenary is awesome. Great and rewarding tracks with lots of F1 history.

Zolder can be a problem with noise, standard Spaz will have to lift at the two noise meters, same goes on Zandvoort. GT3 can just make it on Zandvoort but have to avoid last 1k rpm going past the nice meter.

Great, but how things change. When last I was at Zandvoort, I was in a Stradale and there was no comments regarding noise back then and yet you could hear the exhaust screams for miles !

Yup the sound thing is weird, it's not like these tracks have just been laid down and people moving in around them the last decades didn't know there are tracks in the area.

There are test days both tracks with no restrictions, but they do check race license.

Back