MAC F1, More Problums

I reckon you should get your restaurant in Banus to sponsor them David.

Might drum up some business

Don't tell me you haven't got 20 mill sat about doing not much

And you seem to love the brand so much :)

They'd do better with engines from a Honda Jazz

I reckon you should get your restaurant in Banus to sponsor them David.

Might drum up some business

Don't tell me you haven't got 20 mill sat about doing not much

And you seem to love the brand so much :)

Sorry, but I blame one person.....

No prob with the brand, its the way they go about things......they just treat customers as fools at times....

If they do lose these 2 and will very little constructor's revenue, going to be very difficult next season......

What's happening at McLaren F1 is truly a sad thing, gone are the victorious days which we all got used too.the root of the problem has got to be Ron Dennis, it is possibly his arrogance which is destroying a team so used to winning.
We had this at Williams for years, high profile World Champions losing their drives because of Franks single minded often totally insane decesssions, it's taken years for them to crawl back to the podium, thank God.

McLaren need to act FAST, if you've got a rotten tooth then pull it out, curtains, exit stage right Ron

What's happening at McLaren F1 is truly a sad thing, gone are the victorious days which we all got used too.the root of the problem has got to be Ron Dennis, it is possibly his arrogance which is destroying a team so used to winning.
We had this at Williams for years, high profile World Champions losing their drives because of Franks single minded often totally insane decesssions, it's taken years for them to crawl back to the podium, thank God.

McLaren need to act FAST, if you've got a rotten tooth then pull it out, curtains, exit stage right Ron

watched "Rush" again the other week.......such a shame

I assume both drivers have performance clauses and will be off. When does the driver market properly get into full swing, is it waiting for Lewis to agree his contract with Merc or is that all done now?

I assume both drivers have performance clauses and will be off. When does the driver market properly get into full swing, is it waiting for Lewis to agree his contract with Merc or is that all done now?

All done. The only unknown is whether Alonso stays or has some plan to move to Red Bull and that depends on what happens to Lotus. If Renault buys Lotus (which seems to be a done deal) then I imagine Alonso will be off to Red Bull to coincide with Merc engines. Some talk of Button going to Williams but think he'll be in WEC with a Porsche 919

All done. The only unknown is whether Alonso stays or has some plan to move to Red Bull and that depends on what happens to Lotus. If Renault buys Lotus (which seems to be a done deal) then I imagine Alonso will be off to Red Bull to coincide with Merc engines. Some talk of Button going to Williams but think he'll be in WEC with a Porsche 919

:(y): thanks - as always the next moves sound interesting, it would be good to see Alonso in a better car

Alonso will be gone...JB should go to Porsche with Mark

watched "Rush" again the other week.......such a shame

Yep, agreed David. I loaned my copy of Rush to Big Lou the other week after we were talking about Sean's part in it.

Obvious solution to mclarens woe is to shoehorn a GSXR engine into the car ?

Santander only pay £5m pa?

Seems they have had a bargain there, the Santander name is very prominent with McLaren and more so than either Boss or Johnny Walker

Obvious solution to mclarens woe is to shoehorn a GSXR engine into the car ?

It wouldn't be a bad start. Ghostrider can get 500bhp from a 1300 GSX-R...

:(rofl):

Santander only pay £5m pa?

Seems they have had a bargain there, the Santander name is very prominent with McLaren and more so than either Boss or Johnny Walker

don't think the article is 100% correct form that point, Alonso brings a lot of his own £ from Santander...

Yep, agreed David. I loaned my copy of Rush to Big Lou the other week after we were talking about Sean's part in it.

astonishing, from when you take into account what the team was back then......great film.....

don't think the article is 100% correct form that point, Alonso brings a lot of his own £ from Santander...

He brings in a crap load from Santander I can assure you.

They really should have done the Sony deal that Honda helped broker for title sponsor last year.....

He brings in a crap load from Santander I can assure you.

They really should have done the Sony deal that Honda helped broker for title sponsor last year.....

I heard it was done like the Virgin one, but our mate R, wanted stupid money.....

last time Honda bailed out of formula 1 (at the end of 2008) the team they left behind (Brawn GP) went on to win the championship the following year......

Not sure Honda have the stomach/capability for F1 anymore...living of past glories (pretty much the story for the whole of Japanese industry)

Back