MAC F1, More Problums

They split timed the McLaren at Monza. It was losing 3/10ths through the corners and almost 3 seconds on the straights!!

They split timed the McLaren at Monza. It was losing 3/10ths through the corners and almost 3 seconds on the straights!!

Many areas to the chassis, aero, thermal management, etc, they use the same wind tunnel as a few other teams...not sure if they have a front row chassis, I am told from those that know that its about " onit"....

Think they have run out of range aero in the last 2 races in order to compensate for the PU.....if they had an equal PU imv taking into account the drivers, they would have had a few podiums this year.....

I took your comment to mean apart from the engine this is a front row car. Isn't that what you meant?

Not on the power circuits (obviously as the engine is just woefully lacking) and with some slight aero tweaks, yes that it what I meant Andrew.

The verdict according to Messrs Brundle & Davidson at Monza was that the chassis is some way off the best but they did acknowledge that could be bc they're running less downforce than others to compensate for lack of power. To an amateur observer that seems to hold water to me.

Have Brundle or Davidson actually driven the 2015 car? And yes I'd agree with the down force vs. power point, especially at Monza/other "power" circuits.

bbc..ish said:
For some months now, McLaren-Honda drivers Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button have pinpointed the Singapore Grand Prix as one of their best chances to score decent points this season...the plan is for Button to intentionally crash at a predetermined time, thus gifting Alonso a strategic advantage......supposedly a proven stratgergy for the Spaniard in the past....

***i may have embellished the BBC quote above :(think):

Back