The GFWilliams Photography Thread

Well done as always G-man :)

Like the 650 outside The Grapes.. very cool.

Excited to show my latest work for Rimac of their 1900hp electric hypercar.

Night-Front34-v2.jpg

Night-Side-v2crop.jpg

Night-Rear34-v3.jpg

Night-Interior-v3.jpg

Night-Headlight-v2.jpg

Looks pretty good G, is everything beautifully built, great quality etc?

Stunning pics George, really stunning.

What is that Rimmac like close up ?

The car is a pre production show car, which normally means you have to fix parts of the car in photoshop, but for a show car it’s very good. They have even put a low power electric drivetrain in so it can be driven and loaded onto trailers more easily.

I think the production car will be very very well finished.

Some of you may find this interesting. After a challenging end to last year, I made a real effort this year to improve my photography with a few key approaches. First of all, I bought a new Nikon Z7, which is a mirrorless camera. This has transformed the way I shoot, allowing me to capture 45mp photos in an easy way. The usability of the camera is lightyears ahead of my D810 and, even more so, the Hasselblad. The quality isn't quite a match for the Hasselblad, but the hit rate of good shots with it is nearly 100%. The Hasselblad is a very slow shooting process, which is perfect for a commercial shoot when I need to capture a maximum of 5 shots in a day, but for most of my work then Nikon makes a lot more sense. The next step will be to invest in a couple of lovely fast prime lenses for it to offer me more options when on shoots.

I also have created what is effectively a mobile detailing kit, which fits in my C-Class and allows me to do a safe clean of cars on location. This allows me to snowfoam a car, then jetwash it off, then if required I can also use a two bucket method to give it a thorough wash. The jetwasher is a battery operated unit which syphons the water from containers, so really practical and portable. This opens up opportunities to shoot cars anywhere in the UK (or Europe within reason!), perfectly clean without damaging any paintwork.

So while investing in kit, I've also been trying to push my creativity to try new ideas. The Rimac work above was one of them, and the next one was made possible thanks to the car cleaning kit. Some of the most popular shoots I've done are water shots, where I throw lots of water at a car and capture it in about 100 photos (using flash). Before now, I've been fairly restricted with where it's done as it needs to be near a water source, so the below one, for example, is on my parent's driveway! Not an ideal location, so the background is purely water and simply black behind. With my mobile car washing system and 75l of water to play with, it opened up the opportunity to try it on location.

RearShotplate.jpg

So at the weekend, I went up to London with a friend and a lot of water to do a test shoot on my car. Being on location brings lots of new challenges, like where you place the lights, as you need to be close to them so they don't get stolen, and not in the road so they don't get run over. This meant it was a case of choosing positions which were the best compromise to get the effect needed. I didn't get quite enough shots of the water as I would've liked, ideally, I'd like to be able to have water over every single element of the car, but water is very unpredictable, especially when it's so windy! We did 90 shots, which were then imported into Photoshop, combined, then individually masked to show only the elements I wanted from each frame. Quite a task to get it to look how I envisioned it, but for a test, I'm very happy with the result. While the "normal" water shots potentially have more of an impact to the viewer at first glance, I feel this new shot tells a lot more of a story, which is a key element I'm trying to impliment in my work more.

Front34Water.jpg

I have a few more exciting ideas for shoots, one of which is specifically for Mr Doom, which I'm very excited about doing at some point :D

Joel’s car will be ready early next week....
perhaps you could do some kind of shoot for ‘us’?

I’d be happy to help if it helped the cause George...

Kindest

Ross

Stunning photos :(clap):

Very cool and creative George - hope this leads to more commercial opportunities for you.

Lovely water shots George.

Why the f*ck you have been quiet for work befuddles me

Lovely water shots George.

Why the f*ck you have been quiet for work befuddles me

It's not just me, it seems to have hit a lot of photographers. Certainly picking up again, maybe that's a good sign that things will be alright despite Brexit...

It's not just me, it seems to have hit a lot of photographers. Certainly picking up again, maybe that's a good sign that things will be alright despite Brexit...

Here’s hoping, although maybe they just fired the eejot’s who appointed the other idiots who took the shit launch pics :)

This Wet Green LT shot is epic. My new wall paper if thats ok with you?

You’ve got some serious talent there buddy! You did some shots for one of the guys on here with a 650S which were amazing to!

I’d love a water shot like that of my 720S!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back