I've come home

fucking hell i only been offline a week and its gone spastic on here. 3 pages of new posts for gawd's sake

nice to have everyone. danny still a knoblet i see though

cause the prodigal son has returned......LOL

good mate - the monaro only doing that in my dreams - just got her out of the garage to tidy up and will do the Brighton Speed trials if I can get an entry

IIRC it has or had 1000BHP didn't it.....anyhows dust her off for the Brighton Speed Trials that'll be a 1/8th of a mile blast.....I haven't been to that since I can't remember when at least 30yrs LOL.....if you get an entry let me know I'll come along and be yer pit crew

Harry - if I'd died the next day it would have been as a happy man. That trip back to the ferry was stuff dreams are made of

Yep, sure was a great drive back - good memories

Here's another memory from Monza, what was the crazy sparkling red Italian wine that Henry (or was it Guy) ordered for dinner that night?

Yep, sure was a great drive back - good memories

Here's another memory from Monza, what was the crazy sparkling red Italian wine that Henry (or was it Guy) ordered for dinner that night?

LOL God yes!
I remember that, it was a regional speciality that when arrived, we all thought had gone off. Sparking red wine -ugh.

Cem, is this the trip where you had that photo of the speedo in the GT3 reading 206 mph.

It's not sparkling, it's Frizzante and that means the same as Petillant in France.

I think Guy was being clever, frizzante not only means a slightly fizzy wine but it also means a horse with the wind up it's arse, we call that 'frisky', so you can see the etymological connection... you were in Ferrari country... is Guy that clever?

I think he might be, you know!

Or the chef-patron was being guileful with his choices.

Last edited:
It's not sparkling, it's Frizzante and that means the same as Petillant in France.

I think Guy was being clever, frizzante not only means a slightly fizzy wine but it also means a horse with the wind up it's arse, we call that 'frisky', so you can see the etymological connection... you were in Ferrari country... is Guy that clever?

I think he might be, you know!

Or the chef-patron was being guileful with his choices.

It's more simple than that sadly. I ordered the wine from a wine list and asked the waiter (there was no sommelier) for a local red wine. He neglected to inform (probably didn't know) that it was slightly sparkling (which is weird and very unusual). When it arrived it fizzed in the glass and was just plain odd, so we asked if it to be replaced at which point they told us it was meant to be fizzy.

At least we stayed in a great Hotel with wonderful facilities unlike the rest who stayed in a Motel that rented rooms by the hour!

It's more simple than that sadly. I ordered the wine from a wine list and asked the waiter (there was no sommelier) for a local red wine. He neglected to inform (probably didn't know) that it was slightly sparkling (which is weird and very unusual). When it arrived it fizzed in the glass and was just plain odd, so we asked if it to be replaced at which point they told us it was meant to be fizzy.

At least we stayed in a great Hotel with wonderful facilities unlike the rest who stayed in a Motel that rented rooms by the hour!
That place was pretty entertaining though LOL

Damn... I thought you'd been playing with that mind improver again. :)

It is the sort of thing I would do though, it is 'allegoriae materiale principium' and that appeals to me immensely.

Motel rooms by the hour? I can't imagine any circumstances in normal life where there would be a need for that facility, of course there are circumstances, on the periphery of life where the need might be... pressing or even essential.

I wouldn't rest easy on those sheets I think... :)

I wouldn't rest easy on those sheets I think... :)

No which is why when I saw thats what they were booking I booked elsewhere, for a few of us with slightly better standards.....

No which is why when I saw thats what they were booking I booked elsewhere, for a few of us with slightly better standards.....
Oooh get you :)

Oooh get you :)

:) You'd have done the same if you had realised in advance. It was comedy gold that the car park of a hookers motel in the worst part of Milan was filled for one night with Ferraris and Lambos.

:) You'd have done the same if you had realised in advance. It was comedy gold that the car park of a hookers motel in the worst part of Milan was filled for one night with Ferraris and Lambos.

lol they must have all their Xmas's had come (cum?) all at once.

I was ok as I was in an "under the radar" pork GT3RS.

And yes, you are probably right :) But it was incredibly convenient for the track, and the in house movies were pretty good as well.

To be fair our hotel was bloody awesome thanks to guy and Henry.

And our meal at the Bvlgari restaurant omg.

To be fair our hotel was bloody awesome thanks to guy and Henry.

And our meal at the Bvlgari restaurant omg.

That meal was one of the best of all time....

Sounds an awesome trip...did anyone ever add up the cost? Would be interesting to compare to a luxury holiday sat in hotel/beach chilling vs. such a drive and fun.

I'd take the road trip over a luxury holiday so I just wondered if anyone had actually tracked the cost just to compare the return on spend for each option?

I was ok as I was in an "under the radar" pork GT3RS.

And yes, you are probably right :) But it was incredibly convenient for the track, and the in house movies were pretty good as well.

With rooms let on a "By the hour basis". Oh how Scott looked after us all.

Back