I've come home

Tribalism is human nature but it is what has detracted from people's experience elsewhere so treading the thin line and taking the moral high ground here would be the long term gain game IMVHO.

Most of the old guard were originally from here anyway, so it's just folk coming back to their old local really. Shit happens.

I agree we need to be careful about who, from that other forum, we allow on here. However, unless everyone says who they were over there, how do we know they are not one of the people we want to keep out ?

I'm not going to slag off that forum - I just think it's a shame it has grown into what it has.

Slag off the other forum as much as u like but remember this forum has its own problem. It has a mycroft...

Slag off the other forum as much as u like but remember this forum has its own problem. It has a mycroft...

NOT A MYCROFT!!! The Mycroft thank you bag-boy.

:)

Mycroft is unique. I kinda like having him around to spice things up. Prefer the short one liners to the page long ramblings though.

I agree we need to be careful about who, from that other forum, we allow on here. However, unless everyone says who they were over there, how do we know they are not one of the people we want to keep out ?

I'm not going to slag off that forum - I just think it's a shame it has grown into what it has.

Technically I never left I just stopped posting.....but this is home now so all my posts will be here

But Sam, at least you know where you are with Ian. You haven't suffered at the hands on the BGT witch hunt but many have, and it comes from the many, not just the one. I should make it clear that Ian is not likely to carry out a witch hunt on his own as he just says what is on his mind straight out.

My 2 pence worth......

PGT is no longer what it used to be for a number of reasons which have already been posted in this thread. My personal gripe with the place is there are way too many sheep appearing.

But......

There is no point to continue to talk about it on here as it sounds very much like sour grapes and will only go the same way as PGT has gone.

Also, most on here still post on PGT so it may make them slightly uncomfortable if sounds like battle lines have been drawn.

I'd like to think I'd be welcome on both sites without issue. I have a lot of good friends on PGT and the forum is great way to stay in touch but I do like how S9's has grown over the past few months with the extra activity and more friendly meets.

IMHO the best way to make S9's grow is simply focus on the face to face meets and events which used to be the highlight in the early days of PGT but have been lost in recent years.

My 2 pence worth......

PGT is no longer what it used to be for a number of reasons which have already been posted in this thread. My personal gripe with the place is there are way too many sheep appearing.

But......

There is no point to continue to talk about it on here as it sounds very much like sour grapes and will only go the same way as PGT has gone.

Also, most on here still post on PGT so it may make them slightly uncomfortable if sounds like battle lines have been drawn.

I'd like to think I'd be welcome on both sites without issue. I have a lot of good friends on PGT and the forum is great way to stay in touch but I do like how S9's has grown over the past few months with the extra activity and more friendly meets.

IMHO the best way to make S9's grow is simply focus on the face to face meets and events which used to be the highlight in the early days of PGT but have been lost in recent years.

+1

My 2 pence worth......

But......

+3

Lets just make this a great place on it's own, moans or comparisons or bitching about any other sites is just undignified and unnecessary.

But Sam, at least you know where you are with Ian. You haven't suffered at the hands on the BGT witch hunt but many have, and it comes from the many, not just the one. I should make it clear that Ian is not likely to carry out a witch hunt on his own as he just says what is on his mind straight out.

I can't really go on a Witch-hunt as I'm the one constantly posting hex's and incantations on this site... turkeys, xmas that sort of shit.

No fear or favour is my motto, plus you only have to frame the words 'cease and desist' and address them to me in your own way and I stop instantly.
-------------------------------------------------------
The other place is where any debate about the other place should be held, if you've tried that and the 'metal' that framed the site couldn't be worked whilst on the site then you will not ever change the framework from this one.

Move on and try not to look back, poor old Lot's wife, she couldn't stop looking back and rubbing salt into her wounds and she so her fate was to become salt itself. The Bible is largely bollocks, but it is full of interesting allegories that still hold a truth today.

Move on or become bitter.

I think I was the only one who got away without paying any fines. Just a 'tip' for the officers and a big smile :)
I remember when we all got nicked by the Swiss Rozzers and Clive and I were let off due to lack of front number plates and Chris Ward got fined the most.

Am I right in thinking Angus also got away with it as he was driving so close to the car in front that they couldn't get a picture of his plate??

attachment.php

Great memories of my orange SL - g'day Charlie!

Such a great trip

I'm only joking. I'm actually growing fond of the mycroft. One day I hope to have one of my own ;)

+3

Lets just make this a great place on it's own, moans or comparisons or bitching about any other sites is just undignified and unnecessary.

+4

Though I'm a little shocked at the bullying that's gone on on PGT recently, way OTT on any forum IMO.

I'm only joking. I'm actually growing fond of the mycroft. One day I hope to have one of my own ;)

ROFL. Kind of like a Furby but meaner.

fucking hell i only been offline a week and its gone spastic on here. 3 pages of new posts for gawd's sake

nice to have everyone. danny still a knoblet i see though

Am I right in thinking Angus also got away with it as he was driving so close to the car in front that they couldn't get a picture of his plate??

Great memories of my orange SL - g'day Charlie!

Such a great trip

Harry how u doing.....howz that 7.0 ltr turbo monaro thingy....still rippling the tarmac

Harry how u doing.....howz that 7.0 ltr turbo monaro thingy....still rippling the tarmac

good mate - the monaro only doing that in my dreams - just got her out of the garage to tidy up and will do the Brighton Speed trials if I can get an entry

Back