See you later

Already booked mate. Figured I'd try performance modifications on myself for a change. Bit shit when a honey peers into the Aventador to discover a fat middle aged bloke with a tiny cock. Imagine it's the same issue for you :D :D

Lol!

Fooking LOL

Good luck! I have surgery at the end of the month too, not looking forward to it.

Cataracts caused by too much......

Belated good luck Tony. Hopefully you can read this and it all went well.

If you can see your willy, either op will have been a success!:D

Good luck Tonester, very brave I'd say & I hope it works out for you

Hello

Are you still alive ?

Did you pull through ?

Can I have the Performante back if not ?

Good luck Tonester, very brave I'd say & I hope it works out for you

He's had several eye ops over the past few years. From what I can gather, the first laser treatment he had did not quite go to plan and they have been trying to correct it ever since.

So the good news, I am not blind. There are some strange side effects, flickering and pulsing of the image which I need to check out but that’s more than likely vision settlement.

I have to go back to Moorfields hospital tomorrow for a checkup and see exactly where I am.

Good news:

1) I can see for miles. It’s ridiculous in-fact. I don’t think I have ever seen that distance in my life, ever.
2) The clarity is incredible. Best description is previous vision was VHS, now it is Ultra High Definition. I have actually seen things everywhere that I have never seen before.
3) I could drive now once it’s settled. My vision is a million times better than it was wearing glasses previously.
4) Colours are amazing. I didn’t realise one the Aventador had sparkly/glittery paint until today!
5) Finally, I can see the TV clearly so today’s F1 race is firmly booked :D

Bad news:

1) The post-operative treatment is intense especially in the first week. 4 sets of eye drops have to be administered to each eye with a minimum 3 minute gap between each eye. That’s realistically taking 20 to 25 minutes every 2 hours from 8 am to 8pm. Some of the drops must stay refrigerated which makes it an interesting challenge going anywhere at all.
2) As mentioned above there is flickering and pulsing of the image which is a bit like vertigo but I am hoping that will settle, find out tomorrow.
3) My close vision is non-existent so I can’t see my phone, laptop or even computer screen. With a cheap pair of purchased reading glasses, It isn’t bad. I can see my car instruments OK, at least as well as before with glasses (bit better even).
4) The wife is not as good looking as I thought :D

So overall, the prognosis looks good. I’ll know more from tomorrows tests, but I should (if this flickering settles) be functional again next week as the regime of eye drop treatment is less intense (but still pretty intense!) This assumes nothing changes, no infection sets in etc.

Laser tweaking won’t happen for 3 months but I think I’m looking good for life in that period. Quite what I finally end up with in regard to close vision I don't know. I couldn't have a multi-distance lense thanks to the laser surgery. I will have to have post laser treatment in 3 months to do final corrections, but again in what direction. Could have one eye more for close, one for distance - need to understand all the pros and cons.

Anyone late 30's upwards, don't bother with laser. You will eventually get cataracts and laser reduces your options. It looks like I had cataracts from the off and the fuckers treated me with laser anyway. Coonts!

I won't really be on here for a few days as it's a bit tiring to look at stuff. Many thanks for all the good wishes :D

Glad to hear it went well... Love the comment re the wife... Have a speedy recovery and don't forget the drops...

Glad to hear it went well Tony. I know you have been suffering a lot with it all. Had my eyes lasered a couple of years ago due to having astigmatism and also short sighted, but as far as I am aware it all went well, it's just night time that is not so easy with bright lights and sun affects my eyes more now too.

So do you think you will be quicker in a car now? :D

Glad it went well and hoping life will be a lot better for you now

Glad it all went well Tony.

Does this mean you wont be wearing your showbiz sunnies all the time now :)

I wear contacts and have been thinking about laser surgery but not so sure now form what you have said!

Glad to hear it went well Tony. I know you have been suffering a lot with it all. Had my eyes lasered a couple of years ago due to having astigmatism and also short sighted, but as far as I am aware it all went well, it's just night time that is not so easy with bright lights and sun affects my eyes more now too.

So do you think you will be quicker in a car now? :D

Think so. Had to potter around losing lots of time with braking and faster corners as couldn't process stuff quickly as unsure what I was seeing

Glad it all went well Tony.

Does this mean you wont be wearing your showbiz sunnies all the time now :)

I wear contacts and have been thinking about laser surgery but not so sure now form what you have said!

Yeh those Are no use now!

What prescription are you? If you do it go to the best, but it's not cheap!

Glad to hear it appears successful mate.

Yeh those Are no use now!

What prescription are you? If you do it go to the best, but it's not cheap!

neg 1.5 and has been stable for years... Should be a good candidate but just makes me nervous in case the fck it up.

neg 1.5 and has been stable for years... Should be a good candidate but just makes me nervous in case the fck it up.

Yep. How old are you? That's the decider really. I would consider an implanted contact lense unless you have a lot of astigmatism.mavoid LASIK though. I think PRK is a better option. Go to Moorfields. Don't mess with high street. The difference in experience and equipment is staggering!

Back